Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Woman Crush Wednesday: Mindy Kaling

I just finished Mindy Kaling's book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)".  It was great.



To be honest, I've been a Mindy fan for a while now.  I loved her character Kelly Kapoor on "The Office".  Even though she had a small part, I loved her and after reading her book I realize she stuck to the small part because she was also writing for the show.  When her new show, "The Mindy Project", started this past fall I knew I had to watch it.  I did and I loved every minute of it.  I'm now patiently waiting for September.

So I was already a fan of Mindy.  Her book made me even more of a fan.  I love that Mindy isn't a size 0 actress.  She's the size of an average American woman and from what her book says she's okay with that.  I love seeing that attitude.  I'm no size 0 either and most days I struggle with being okay with my weight so it's nice to have a role model that's not going to conform to the size 0 that most of Hollywood is.

I also enjoyed that in her book she talks about the less glamorous side of being famous and how she got there.  I have no real want or need to be famous all I really want is to own a business that sells baked goods that I have made but when you look at someone successful sometimes all you can think about is how they are successful and then you get a bit jealous (and when I say you I mean me).  You (I) tend to forget that they probably did go through a few hardships before they got to where they wanted to be.  I needed Mindy's book to do that for me.  A lot of times, especially recently, I've been pretty down on myself because I feel like I'm never going to get to where I want but after finishing Mindy's book I see that the road to success isn't all hearts and rainbows.  There are going to be times where I feel like giving up.

So to conclude, Mindy's book really gave me a confidence boost but further than that it's a great read and she's a pretty funny gal so I'd recommend it to anyone.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment