Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Carlo's Bake Shop

So here's the post you've all been waiting for (if you've been following my life for the past few days).  Last Saturday on our way home from Wildwood Kyle and I stopped at Carlo's Bake Shop.  If you don't know what Carlo's is you have a problem and I weep for you.

Heaven on Earth


I was so excited to be there.  When we got there the line was a bit overwhelming and I almost said to Kyle "You know what forget it".  I was just happy to see it.  I was so overcome with emotions about being there that I didn't need to buy anything.  But, I didn't say a word and we waited in line for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.  Thank god I kept my mouth shut because it was well worth the wait.

The line

So we waited and waited and waited.  At one point this adorable guy from Fran's Deli came around with menus and told us about the deal we could score on sandwiches if we ordered from his shop.  Of course Kyle and I were hungry so we ordered.  We didn't actually eat the sandwiches until after we went through the bakery but they were delicious and it's worth a trip to Hoboken just to have one.

We finally made it to the front of the line and got to go inside.  The bakery itself is really small but I didn't expect anything extravagant because they've been in business since 1910.  There were a lot of people inside but really it was the perfect size shop with the perfect amount of charm.



 Look at all the baked goodness

There were so many people inside that it was hard to get pictures.  As you can see most of the above pictures are of cookies but there were also cakes, cupcakes, pies, and cannolis.  I ended up buying a red velvet cupcake, a cannoli, some cookies for the kids at home and a brownie.  Also I got a t-shirt so I can remember my trip forever.  Kyle splurged on mini cakes that you had to buy in pairs.  He ended up getting tiramisu, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse and red velvet cakes.  I got to try them and they were delish.  Buddy Valastro has earned the moniker of Cake Boss.  The cookies were good too and the cannoli was the best.

This is me looking like a total geek as I live the dream.

So, was the 1 hour and 10 minute line worth it? YES! If you ever had any doubts about the Cake Boss being hyped up too much you are wrong.  He's the best.  I hope to get to Hoboken again someday when I have more disposable income so I can buy all the things.  Also it would be awesome to someday take one of his classes in cake decorating.  

Happy Tuesday!





2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I would looove to go to Carlos some day .. And live the dream as you say! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the trip or even ordering from the website (depending on how far away you are). I don't know if I would have went had I not already been in Jersey but it was worth it.

      Delete