Friday, July 12, 2013

Vacation

This past week I've been on vacation with my family.  This time "my family" includes, my mom, Julia, Elton, Evan, Kyle and my Aunt Cheryl from North Carolina.  We've spent the week in Wildwood, NJ.  This was the chosen vacation spot this summer because Julia dances and there was a dance competition here this week.   I guess I should mention that it was Nationals.  From what I understand she and the rest of her dance school (Dance with me by Sisters 3) did really well.  So Congrats to all of them.  Now here's a breakdown of my week starting last Saturday:

Saturday (July 6)

I spent the night at Kyle's on Friday night and then we woke up bright and early (6:00 am) to start our drive.  We got on the road at 7:20 am and arrived in Wildwood 8 hours later with a stop in State College along the way.  Also, Kyle was sick which sucked but he started feeling better the next day. YAY!

Our "arrival" photo


Sunday (July 7) 

We went to the beach.  We were there all day and it was awesome.  

I love the beach.

Monday (July 8)

We also went to the beach.  Julia had to dance.  We went to a restaurant called Dogtooth Bar and Grill.  They had pretty good food.

He was begging to be buried.


Tuesday (July 9)

No beach today.  We went to watch Julia dance in her duet.  They did really well but there was some steep competition.  We went to dinner at a place called Maui's Dog House (featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives) and had some gourmet hot-dogs that were pretty tasty.

Yummy


Wednesday (July 10)

Julia danced her solo and did a beautiful job.  I was so proud of her.  We went to the beach afterwards and then it got chilly and from there the weather went South.

Thursday (July 11)

 The weather was really crappy in the morning.  In the late afternoon we did go out on the boardwalk.  I finally got some seafood and we went and saw Marmoset monkeys that were absolutely adorable.  Kyle won me a Despicable Me minion and I was happy as a clam.

BANANA!


Friday (July 12)

Today is our last day here and it is quite possibly the worst last day at the beach ever.  It has yet to stop raining.  We did have a nice breakfast at Uncle Bill's Pancake House but I think that's as exciting as it's going to get today unless the rain stops.

So I guess I can say that it's been a pretty good vacation, except for the rain.  The rain really sucks.  Tomorrow we'll be heading home and stopping in Hoboken to visit Carlo's Bakery (as seen on Cake Boss on TLC) I'm super excited.  After Hoboken it will be back to State College for Kyle and me because this weekend is Arts Fest. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment