Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Things I'd like to buy with my tax return

When I got my first real job I was in high school.  I didn't pay rent, I didn't pay for groceries, I didn't have a car payment and I lived with my parents.  I started making money and I didn't know what to do with it so I spent it.  As a kid I always saved my money most likely because I couldn't hop in my car and go to the mall but once I had a car and a job saving money was a thing of the past.

Then I started college and I had wrecked my car so I got a new one and suddenly I had a car payment.  My first two years of college I still lived with my parents so I didn't know what paying for rent or groceries was but I still had to start saving some of my paycheck so I could make my car payment and pay for gas so I could get to school.  Saving money was back in the picture but it was still easy because I had a pretty decent job and I didn't have to save that much.

My next step in life was to move to State College and live with my boyfriend.  This is where I learned that I should have been saving money all along because paying for rent and utilities and groceries and laundry and my car payment every month just kills your bank account.  I'm lucky because I do have a college fund so there's money when I need it but I also save money from my paycheck just so I have room for mistakes.

Now we can talk about the topic of today's post, my tax return.  I received it about a week ago and somehow I haven't spent it yet.  It's the most impressive one I've ever received thanks to my cushy job at PennDOT last summer.  It was actually pretty terrible but the pay was good. Anyhow here are some things I want but will wait forever to buy because I need money in my bank account to justify going home and most likely not working for a month and a half this summer.


I think these shoes are way cute and they're supposed to be very comfortable and "good for your feet" which I need because recently I've been having some issues with the one I broke 2 years ago.  However they have a large price tag which isn't great for my wallet.


I also think these are just adorable.  I'm a shoe fanatic if you've ever seen one.  They're also by Merrell so they should be a good quality shoe as well.  But a good quality shoe comes with another hefty price tag that my wallet just shudders at.


I would also kill to have any one of these bags well maybe not kill but I'd really like one.  Of course they're expensive too and my wallet can only take so much before it has a heart attack.  I might actually end up with a knock-off version from this site.  They're cheaper and you get to have it monogrammed.  So fun.

I'll probably end up with at least one of these three things by the end of the summer.  A girl has to treat herself sometimes right?

Happy Tuesday!



4 comments:

  1. I remember being that age, In my 30s i went out and bought all those things.now that i am a little older, im paying for it still.I sit with the catalogs, circle what i want, then throw the catalogs away, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several Amazon wish lists that are just that, wishes. I will probably never buy 3/4 of the stuff on them. lol.

      Delete
  2. Mom picked me up a fake Longchamp when she was overseas! I love it. It's basically like the real ones. I carry huge textbooks and my laptop in it all at once, and it's never failed me.

    And I'm living in my own apartment next year AND I will probably have my own car payment — I don't know how I'm going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you'll be living in your own apartment. Gah! You're getting so old.

      It's not easy paring down how much you spend on frivolous things but once you make a mistake (like overdrawing your bank account by $200)you learn.

      Delete