Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I skip classes and so can you!

Okay, so I probably shouldn't advocate skipping classes and I'm sure my mom like most moms enjoys telling herself that I would never do such a thing but sometimes I do because I just have to. It's what college is all about right?

No, I know college is for learning and making friends and all that good stuff.  But college also gives you a little freedom, especially when you don't live at home.  I'm pretty sure that every semester of college so far I've taken at least one full out "sick" day and sometimes Kyle does too and usually it's a good time.  One year we went furniture shopping which sounds dumb but it really wasn't and last year we sat in bed literally all day and watched the full season of "Face-Off" on SyFy. I think I got up once to answer the door for the food we ordered it was the epitome of a lazy day.

This semester I haven't skipped any classes and that's probably because we're only a week and a half in.  Watch out for a post next week about how I've started skipping class.  But today in both of my classes so far my professors have chosen to point out that we don't have another "break" until Thanksgiving so that means that I will have class everyday until November 23.  That's 11 full weeks of classes folks.  Usually when I take my "sick" day it's unplanned but the prospect of 11 weeks of classes and the fact that I'm a super-senior is making it really hard for me to not plan one or two or ten.  This semester feels like it's going to last a really long time.  Maybe if I just shut up and enjoy my last two semesters it won't seem that way anymore and I'll be crying in May because college is over and I have to join the "real world".

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment