Friday, April 26, 2013

Blue-Eyed Baker

I've decided that Fridays will be baking posts and I'm going to call them Blue-Eyed Baker.  It's true, I have blue eyes and I'm a self-titled baker.  I kind of stole this idea from a lovely lady that has amazing recipes, she calls herself the Brown-Eyed Baker and you can find her here.  I have found a ton of recipes on her site and they always turn out fabulously.

However, today we won't be using a recipe from the Brown-Eyed Baker.  A week or so ago I said these words to Kyle, "I really want to bake some cookies".  At the time he was talking about a tail-gate he was going to for Penn State's Blue and White game and then I said, "Maybe I could bake something for your tail-gate!".  He said yes but it never happened because work got in the way and I was tired and I needed ingredients.  I was also upset because it was when the whole prospective going to the Navy thing started (we'll talk about that on Monday).

Anywho, I'm finally going to bake my cookies today.  As I type I'm waiting for my butter to come to room temp.  Usually I microwave it but I decided to do it right today and wait it out since I have literally nothing else to do.  All of my classes were cancelled today, I couldn't be happier.

The recipe of the day comes from Simply Recipes.  I've never used a recipe from here but I'm sure it will turn out just fine.  Kyle requested peanut butter chocolate chip cookies so that's what I'm making.  The recipe is just for PB cookies but I'm going to be daring and add some chocolate chunks.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: About 2 dozen

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1.2 of an 11.5 oz. bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
Procedure:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit*.
  2. Using a stand or hand-mixer cream the butter (appx. 2 minutes), add both sugars and combine (appx. 2 minutes).  Add Peanut Butter and Egg.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.  
  4. Stir the dry mixture into the butter, sugar, egg, and peanut butter mixture.   Gently fold in the chocolate.
  5. Make approximately 1 in. balls of dough and place them on an ungreased baking sheet about 3 in. apart.
  6. Bake for 9-10 minutes.  Let cool on sheets for about a minute and then transfer to a cooling rack until cooled completely.
*If you prefer a chewier cookie bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.


They turned out really well.  I ended up baking them for 13 minutes but I'm pretty cautionary with cookies.  I've had a few issues with them being under baked in the past.

That's all for today folks and I hope you enjoy! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment