Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm done with State College

Dear State College,

It's been real.  For the past 2.5 years I've had fun here but I'm going to be honest with you.  I've had my fill.

When I got here in the Fall of 2011 I knew there wasn't going to be a long term, forever kind of relationship between us.  I knew that living here was just a stepping stone in my life.

Don't get me wrong, you're a beautiful place filled with activities that anyone can enjoy, art, theater, concerts, clubs, bars and of course football.  But I've done it all and I'm over it.  I'm ready for my next city or town.

I want to move on.  I don't want you (State College) to make this hard on me.  There was a time when I was exorbitantly happy to be here but I also knew that you were never going to be my home and now it's time to move on and continuing my path of finding that right place for me even if I ultimately end up right where I started in good old Southwestern PA.

This picture IS State College.


The challenge though is that we still have a semester and a half left to go.  I can't leave you, State College, until I have my degree in May and right now that seems like it's eons away.

So what are we going to do?  How are we going to make this thing work?  Do I sit in my apartment and loathe you while binge watching Netflix or do I try to make something of the next 7 months?  Right now I'm in favor of the former and maybe that's okay for today but it's also going to make for a lousy 7 months.  So maybe I sit inside today and tomorrow and the next day but eventually I'm going to make the most of what we have left.  Maybe some exciting things will come to town and I'll love you again or maybe I'll make it through Weeds, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Downton Abbey and a plethora of movies before May 2014.  Time will tell.

Sincerely,
Hannah

P.S. I promise I'll come back to visit.  I like you in small doses.


No comments:

Post a Comment