Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shorty but Goody

Yesterday, as you all may have noticed,  I skipped a day of blogging.  Oh No!  I really didn't mind it because I could not think of a topic that wouldn't bore you all to death.  It'll also probably happen more frequently through the summer because I won't be doing too many exciting things on a daily basis.

But today I write with a purpose.  It's to tell you all about how I had my first cake consultation session today with a lovely bride-to-be.  I met today with a lovely lady named Brandi, who turns out is my cousin, to talk about her wedding cake.  Can you believe it?  Someone wants me to make their wedding cake AND they're going to pay me for it.  Yippee!  I'm totally excited and I haven't even gotten the job yet.  However, it's insanely complicated to price a wedding cake.

I've never ever priced a cake before.  Usually, I bake a cake and my family eats it.  So when I was asked to give a price for a three tier cake that feeds 150-200 people I was like, "Give me a sec".  I did a little research and found 18,000 different ways to calculate the price of say a birthday cake but then I found another 10,000 ways to price a wedding cake.  In case you didn't know pricing a birthday or baby shower cake is COMPLETELY different from pricing a wedding cake.  Who woulda thought?  I definitely didn't.

So today I start the adventure of pricing my first wedding cake.  Wish me luck! And Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment